Sunday, December 20, 2009

Favorite Web Pages

I have browsed through all of my classmates web pages and selected three of my favorite ones:

1. Monica Graham's web page: https://files.nyu.edu/adn236/public/

I liked Monica's page right away because it had a nice background color and nice welcoming "homy" picture on the main page. The text was simple but interesting. I did not have to get prescription glasses to read what it says there. The only minus on the first page is that i could not find Monica's last name. Monica's appealing use of tables in her consequent pages make the website coherent and easy to navigate. Her consistency, use of gray color, and use of tables really appealed to me as I was browsing her website.

2. Norah Turnham's web page: https://files.nyu.edu/nt599/public/

I enjoyed looking through Norah's web page because it kind of had a relaxing effect on me. The use of colors and organization made the web page very clean. Norah was as well consistent with her background color and this added a nice quality to the website. I knew that it was one website and not many websites.

3. Allison Notter's web page: https://files.nyu.edu/adn236/public/

I really really liked Allison's first page. It is like a Haiku poem. Nice, short, and sweet. I also liked her background color which was soothing and also consistent throughout the whole website.

So i guess the biggest features that spoke to me on websites were:
1. consistency of background
2. simplicity
3. nice soothing colors

No comments:

Post a Comment